EXCLUSIVE: The Fame Game star Sanjay Kapoor on his family producing films- “We don’t think about economics, we are very passionate about making films”

Superstar Madhuri Dixit, after enthralling us on the big screen for decades, made her debut on OTT with the Netflix original show The Fame Game. The actress plays the superstar Anamika Anand in the series who goes missing. When the police investigate the missing case, they unearth several secrets from the superstar’s life. The investigation soon goes from ‘Where is Anamika Anand?’ to ‘Who is Anamika Anand?’. The series which is streaming on Netflix also stars Manav Kaul and Sanjay Kapoor.

EXCLUSIVE: The Fame Game star Sanjay Kapoor on his family producing films- “We don’t think about economics, we are very passionate about making films”

Sanjay Kapoor essays the role of Anamika Anand’s husband Nikhil More and that is his only identity. He also manages Anamika’s projects and looks into finances. In an interview with Bollywood Hungama, Sanjay Kapoor was asked if he found any relatability in the struggles of a film producer in the show and in real life. Sanjay Kapoor hails from a film family with his father Surinder Kapoor, elder brothers Boney and Anil Kapoor having produced films. Sanjay himself has also produced films like Kya Time Hai Yaar and Tevar.

When asked if he had heard stories of producers losing money and hope and then reviving, Sanjay shared, “I have heard stories of my father. He never thought of profit. He was assisting the great K Asif when he came into this industry. He made Mughal-E-Azam in 10 years, he never thought of money. It's just your passion. The same is with Boney (Kapoor). I would say we are passionate about making films. We don’t think about economics. My late father has produced films, Boney, Anil, and I have also produced films. The only thing common is we are very passionate.”

“I remember I got one project, 8-10 years back. A good film was stuck and they told me you are wanting to get into production, you have the finances, why don't you take over the project. I said I am not here to produce a film. Of course, I needed the money to survive, but I want to be a part of it from the first day, the first scene, otherwise, what is the difference between me and a financer. I want to live that life. So yes there are unfortunate stories where people have spent money and the films have not done well. They lost everything. But my family has made films with a lot of passion,” he further shared.


ALSO READ: The Fame Game: Meet the suspects of the ‘Finding Anamika’ case

from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/xP0vism

Comments